Level/Salary Range: ₦180,000 – ₦280,000
Travel Required: No
The Human Resources Director originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Human Resources Director coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the CEO and serves on the executive management team; and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
- Safety of the workforce.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of the Human Resources department.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Personal ongoing development.
Development of the Human Resources Department
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff. Monitors administration to established standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting Human Resources staff. Encourages the ongoing development of the Human Resources staff.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes Human Resources services, employee recognition, sports teams support, company philanthropic giving, and administration.
- Selects and supervises Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic goals.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- With the CEO, COO and CFO, annually plans the company’s philanthropic and charitable giving.
Human Resources Information Systems HRIS
- Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources sections of both the Internet, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information; and Intranet sites.
- Utilizes Great Plains software to the company’s advantage.
Training and Development
- Defines all Human Resources training programs and assigns the authority / responsibility of Human Resources and managers within those programs. Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Establishes an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the corporate training budget.
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Interviews management- and executive-level candidates; serves as an interviewer for position finalists.
- Chairs any employee selection committees or meetings.
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs.
- Reviews employee appeals through the company complaint procedure.
- Establishes the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
|Job Category||Human Resources|