Level/Salary Range: ₦180,000– ₦300,000
Travel Required: No
Provide expert management and coordination of all technology-related release activities
for the SpacePointe platform. Lead the Release Management (RM)
function in by instituting and demonstrating industry best practices for release,
configuration and implementation management. Ensure the integrity of releases and of
pre-release configuration items by executing the following:
— Software stack: CentOS 7, bash, firewalld, Nginx with PHP-FPM, MariaDB 10, Jenkins, Ansible, GitLab
— MS Azure: Compute, Networking, Azure AD
— Office 365: email and account maintenance
The successful candidate need to have previous experience with Linux (any), deployment with any CD/CI, yml structure, git, update mysql tables, some php knowledge will be bonus.
– Establish release Management procedures, processes, metrics, and
– Interface with and manage multiple internal and external teams’ configuration needs
during release pipeline activities.
– Be CM/Release POC interfacing with SpacePointe and customer’s CM function for testing and
– Ensure Release Management processes are developed further, continuously
monitored and improved over time to ensure optimal efficiency.
– Ensure Release Management documentation set is maintained.
– Ensure projects maintain configuration control of software baselines and modifications.
– Perform configuration audits; track, monitor and resolve discrepancy reports.
– Ensure development groups create, build and release software packages for testing
and release purposes as per defined procedures and standards.
– Ensure Intellectual Property and documentation for software deliveries are created and
stored in an audit-able manner.
– Act as primary liaison between functional groups for configuration and release
– Conduct weekly implementation readiness reviews to validate release packages being
fit for purpose.
Role and Responsibilities
– Conduct/manage the delivery of all software releases from the SPACEPOINTE Development
– Liaise with all stakeholders (QA, Development, Operations, Data, Product, and Project
Managers) to manage any issues, requests and conflicts.
– Execute, control and manage a schedule of planned releases to pre-production and
– Deal with requests from SPACEPOINTE Development groups for implementation of software
– Liaise with Operations to resource the installation of software onto pre-product and
– Work with QA, Development and Operations to ensure that development projects
adhere to the release process and change procedure guidelines
– Work with Release Management Steering Group to define methods of working for
– BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or other technical field.
– 5 years of overall software development/release/configuration management
experience, 3+ years in a php environment.
– Two or more years as Configuration and/or Release Engineer.
– Demonstrated ITIL best practices experience related to Release Management,
Configuration Management, and Change Management.
– Three or more years of experience in CM field.
– Working knowledge of Unix/Linux environments.
– Skill with one or more scripting languages including Unix shell scripting.
– Analytical and critical thinking skills; agile problem-solving abilities.
– Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholder needs across internal and external teams.
– Understanding and experience with multiple vendor, enterprise applications and large
relational database, distributed infrastructures (such as large, distributed ERP
– Experience with multiple Release Management software tools.
– Detail oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently with little or no supervision,
and is committed to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process
– Fluent English language skills both written and oral.
– Strong organizational skills
– BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
|Job Category||IT, IT OPERATIONS|